As the owner of your own West Australian logistics business, you are delighted with life. Trade is excellent after you invested in a new marketing campaign that included an upgrade of the website and a push on social media which was aided by a partnership with an outside service which has worked wonders in all things IT.
The new company app has increased your customer base further, so it is now time to move to larger premises to deal with the demand. However, on moving in it has been discovered that the building requires Perth asbestos removal.
Here are 6 reasons why an expert company is required to carry out the work.
- Australia banned the use of asbestos in December 2003 which included import and export after being a common construction material from the late 19th century as it proved economical in keeping costs down in the housing construction industry.
- Asbestos leads to the risk of several serious diseases, including asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer, so it is essential to remove it safely to secure the health and safety of those who would be otherwise vulnerable.
- As laws are in place regarding asbestos removal it is essential to bring in the experts who know the regulations, with the WA code of practice, insisting it is out under the supervision of a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU).
- It is one thing knowing the mandatory regulations, but another to be able to carry out the work safely. Therefore, bringing in a team with over two decades of experience is most prudent to ensure a job well done.
- Highly trained technicians must wear specialist safety equipment for the highly skilled job. Often the works are carried out using the highest calibre vacuum machinery to remove asbestos from roofs, pipes, or boiler lagging. Some of the machinery is mounted on mechanical hoists to enable the job to be completed in a quicker time.
- Detailed plans are required to be put in place before any works, for which a skilled form will provide, as companies with a government license are legally permitted to deal with asbestos. They will know the exact procedure of how to safely dispose of the materials.
Cover yourself as a manager by calling in the experts and offer peace of mind to ensure that your removals and renovations are carried out legally and with a minimum of fuss.